Friday, November 12, 2010

St.Martin's day .....

















........... and here in Malta together with a bag full of figs, chestnuts, almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts it is also a tradition to bake this cake.  Here's some information about this day San Martin .  I will also be posting the recipe once my other hand is not holding baby :)) (too long to type recipe with one finger!!)

5 comments:

jenny said...

Ah! That looks so good! We had a fig tree in Texas that I am really missing right now. I can't find them up here (in an edible state, at least!).

Francesca said...

What's that in your first photo? San Martin marks the beginning of winter for me, it would be nice to start the season with a cake, like you do there in Malta.

Dina said...

Francesca,

chestnuts that I had just baked are in my first photo. I'm sure you get those in Italy right?

Susan said...

Dina~I love your blog and just wanted you to know that you won my Holiday Give-Away on my blog!

Please contact me via email and leave your mailing address so I can send the gifts to you.

Thank you for your comments and the connection :) Susan xoxo

Suki said...

Huh typing with one finger...how frustrating it is when you need to type some long text and u've got a baby in the other hand!!! I know what that means now.